500 tidying sessions with 50 clients
300 tidying sessions with 30 clients
200 tidying sessions with 20 clients
100 tidying sessions with 10 clients
50 tidying sessions with 5 clients
10 tidying sessions with 2 clients
Our Certified Consultants
- Filter By
- Certification Level
Join the Community
Interested in becoming a Consultant?
Are you already a Consultant?
How can I become a Consultant?
To be certified as a KonMari Consultant, you must attend a seminar, practice tidying with two clients, and then take a written exam. There are seven steps involved:
1. Read the books: Read Marie Kondo’s "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and "Spark Joy."
2. Tidy your home: Certified KonMari Consultants must practice what they teach. Submit photos for verification.
3. Attend a seminar: Registering for and attending a seminar are the first big steps toward certification. You will only be recognized as a KonMari Consultant-in-training once you have successfully completed the seminar.
In the KonMari seminar, we expand on the KonMari Method™ and why it’s essential to adhere to its principles and categories. Marie has decades of tidying experience, and upholding her work is critical to the program’s success.
We also teach candidates what it’s like working with clients. There’s a big difference between applying the KonMari Method™ in your own home and applying it in someone else’s. This is where “soft skills” come in. We coach Consultants-in-training on how to listen better. You need to be supportive of your clients in every way, so we teach Consultants-in-training how to remove judgement and guide constructively.
Our seminars include a mix of lectures, group discussions and Q&A sessions, ensuring that attendees feel adequately prepared for the next step of the certification process.
Upon completion, you will then be able to advance to steps 4-7.
Please note: Attending a seminar does not guarantee becoming a Consultant. Steps 1 and 2 are prerequisites to attending a seminar. You will be asked to submit after photos of your tidied home after you register for a seminar.
4. Join the community: You will be invited to join the growing community of certified KonMari Consultants and KonMari Consultants-in-training via the official KonMari seminar attendee Facebook groups, where you can exchange information and ideas with others who are also working toward certification.
Please note: You will only be granted access to the Facebook groups after you have successfully completed the seminar.
5. Submit tidying reports: Conduct at least 10 practice sessions (approximately 30 hours) in at least two clients’ homes and submit reports in the KonMari Method™ order.
6. Complete the exam: The online assessment exam covers concepts and potential scenarios you will face as a certified KonMari Consultant.
7. Apply for certification: Once all of the above steps have been successfully fulfilled and your application is approved, you will be required to sign the KonMari Consultant contract and pay your membership fee of $500 to activate your certification.
When are the Consultant Certification Seminars?
We will be hosting two seminars in spring 2019:
- Location: New York City
- Dates: March 29-31
- Location: London
- Dates: April 5-7
Registration is now open.
How do I book a Consultant?
A listing of all certified Consultants can be found on our Consultants page. You can reach out to them directly by clicking the Contact button on their profile.
What are the levels of Consultants?
Consultants are assigned levels that correspond to how many tidying sessions they have completed with clients using the KonMari Method™, as well as the number of clients who have completed tidying their homes.
Regardless of level, each Consultant is officially certified and trained in the same program.
Consultant certification levels (minimum requirements):
- Certified Master: 500 tidying sessions with 50 clients
- Certified Platinum: 300 tidying sessions with 30 clients
- Certified Gold: 200 tidying sessions with 20 clients
- Certified Silver: 100 tidying sessions with 10 clients
- Certified Bronze: 50 tidying sessions with 5 clients
- Certified Green: 10 tidying sessions with 2 clients
Where can I learn more?
Learn more and start your tidying journey by reading Marie's books, signing up for our email newsletter, reading our blog and following us on social media. For more individual support, contact a certified Consultant for some one-on-one guidance on the KonMari Method™.